Monday 7 June 2010

A day in the sun!

Oh dear...I've rather neglected my blog of late! It's been a busy year so far, but thought it was about time I ended my long silence with tales of my weekend! It was a beautiful day on Saturday for wandering around market stalls in the sunshine. I took a trip over to Nottingham's old cattle market which now hosts antique auctions every Saturday morning. It's been years since I've been to an auction and I'd forgotten how much fun they are! No bargains to be had this week, but I did pick up a little footstool needing some TLC on a stall outside. I'm sure I don't need another project but I couldn't resist!

After some yummie crepes at Aubrey's Traditional Creperie in West End Arcade, we popped over to the art market 'Apples and Pears and Crafty Wares' at the Hopkinson Gallery on Station Street.


There were some gorgeous items for sale. I couldn't resist buying a little pendant from Little Blue Starfish's 'tea-time' range. Ellen designs and makes really cute, unusual jewelery. I loved her vintage range too! Some lovely cushions caught my eye on event founder's Curiosity.haus stall and I just had to find a home for one! All the stalls at 'Apples and Pears and Crafty Wares' are usually found at Sneinton Market on the fourth Saturday of every month.

And what sunny June day isn't topped off with a good old thunder and lightning storm?

I'll be back later this week with an update of a few things I've been up to this year so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment